Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Model #3: LEGO Attacker (UFO)






Independence Day (ID4) movie cover. Director: Roland Emmerich Year produced: 1996
















Independence Day (ID4) LEGO Model Attacker (type of UFO)


Yeah! I'm the first person to have created an Attacker from ID4. Now, on to the model!




First photo: front-and-side facing shot, showing the Vaporizers turret and the dual laser cannons (the turret is just for added firepower).













Second photo: back-and-side shot, viewing what the engines look like-two light yellow-green translucent bricks. Nothing fancy.











Third photo: aerial shot showing the inside of the cockpit and showing what the pilot looks like-a normal LEGO Martian from the Life on Mars LEGO kits. Another of these Martians I used in my Martian Tripod page.








Below are the labeled diagrams telling you what is what and which is which.




























Great. Now you've seen my model. Not very fancy, huh? Anyway, just for your benefit, I'll post some screenshots from ID4, the movie.

Please note: the LEGO model shown may not be at all like pictures you are about to view now. So please don't be disappointed.




Comparison (model) #1











Screenshot Comparison #2
(sorry if it's a little pixilated)







The next few screenshots are just here for show.


Screenshot #2: Attackers assailing El Toro airbase, just after a dogfight with US Air Force jets (and wiping practically all of them, save for one)




Screenshot #2: The "City-Destroyers" preparing to "checkmate" Earth's cities.










Screenshot #3: One City-Destroyer just reaching it's target city.






Screenshot #4: The City-Destroyer now in position: Awaiting signal to attack...











Screenshot #5: They're opening up...to attack! This type of sub-nuclear weapon I call a "Bushfire" canister insertion Gun.










Screenshot #6: an observational graphic of the City-Destroyer.










Now you've seen the ships. I've got two graphics of the aliens in the movie. Enjoy.



Screenshot #1: "...This is what I call "the Freak Show."










Graphic: a smaller alien, wearing a bigger, tentacled biomechanical suit. I would make one of these out of LEGO, except that I used up all my tentacle-type pieces

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your lego design (The red and black squarish one) is very good looking. Even though I don't know very much about extraterrestrials, I just like the look of your creation. Even though I am a grandma, I still like designing things, even out of Legos. I like the feel of them when they click together, and the satisfaction from figuring out how the construction will work. In a few days I hope to check your site again to see what's new. Martha Bunch, from Rez

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My boys have enjoyed looking at your Lego creations this morning! My 8 year old wonders how he should get started learning to make models like these...he thinks these look WAY TOO HARD for him!
And my 6 year old just said, "Oooh. He's cool!"

7:50 AM  
Blogger Just Me said...

Hey there! You're into sci-fi, extraterrestrials, and looks like Star Wars. YOU ROCK!!! I'm a 'trekie' myself ( old school obviously) and all my kids are too. Love the models of the aliens and the ships - you're very talented! What's your favorite Star Wars movie? Character? Just curious! Any other sci=fi that you're into? Both my daughters are sci-fi fans too - so you are not alone out there in the universe!

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to show your pictures to my son when he comes home from school - he's just learning to put lego creations together and he will love this!

Jen in Seattle

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home